Chemcial name: Glycolic acid
Specification of glycolic acid
Application of glycolic acid as Hard Surface Cleaners
Hard surfaces include ceramic tile, grout, porcelain tubs, sinks, counter tops, toilet bowls, shower doors and stalls. Glycolic Acid has many excellent characteristics, which enable it to be utilized (individually or as a blend with other acids) in cleaning formulations.
Characteristics as a Hard Surface Cleaner
• Glycolic Acid’s low pKa, low molecular weight, and organic nature, makes it the ideal choice for performance on mineral scales and oily soils. The most common example of a soil with both characteristics is soap scum, which is easily removed by formulations containing Glycolic Acid. When cleaning with acid based cleaners, Glycolic Acid is the premier builder for cleaning both kitchens and bathrooms.
• Glycolic Acid effectively complexes hard water salts. This characteristic makes it an effective bathroom scale remover. The resulting salts are water soluble and easily rinsed.
• Glycolic Acid is more effective in solubilizing inorganic silicates than other organic acids and some mineral acids.
• Glycolic Acid’s low corrosivity to household surfaces makes its an excellent choice for household applications.
• Formulating with Glycolic Acid is easier since it is more compatible than mineral acids with a wider range of ingredients such as surfactants, biocidal agents, corrosion inhibitors, fragrances and dyes.
• When blended with other organic and inorganic acids like citric acid and sulfamic acid, Glycolic Acid improves their cleaning and penetrating effectiveness. For example when blended with these and similar acids it enhances iron stain removal.
• Glycolic Acid is readily biodegradable; therefore, waste disposal is not a problem.
• Glycolic Acid is VOC exempt.
• Glycolic Acid has a very mild odor, which reduces the need for masking agents.
Advantage of Glycolic acid as Hard Surface Cleaners
• Cleaning Efficiency: Remove soils easily and thoroughly.
• Aesthetics: Has a pleasant fragrance and color.
• Handling Ease and Safety: Ease of application and does not require rubber gloves.
• Low toxicity.
• Safer for the Environment: Does not harm wildlife and is not bio-accumulative.
• Cost effective.
Package of Glycolic acid
250kg/drum,1250kg/IBC drum,23-25MT/Tank or according to the customers’ demand.
One 20FCL can load 20MT/80drums.22.5MT/18 IBC drum.
Storage of Glycolic acid
Stored in the dry and ventilated inside storeroom, prevent direct sunlight, slightly pile and put down.
Delivery as dangerous 8 product.
Our clients from the world
We have stable cooperation with clients from USA, Europe, Australia and Korea, Our quality get good reputation from our clients. We welcome Clients come here to visit us.
Getchem is professional platform of Glycolic acid